What's Causing This Error
This error occurs when the service consuming the DynamoDB service does not have the required policies bound to its IAM Role.
Solution - Here's How To Resolve It
To resolve this error, navigate to the IAM console and locate the role bound to the service invoking DynamoDB.
Then, click "Add Permissions" and "Create Inline Policies."
Figure - Creating the inline policy.
After that, add all "Read" actions of the DynamoDB service for this new policy.
Figure - Adding all read actions.
Then, click "Review Policy" to review and finalize the policy.
Figure - Reviewing the policy
Finally, click "Create Policy" to create and bind the custom policy to the role.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- DynamoDB FilterExpression not working
- Unable to start DynamoDB Local process
- failed to list tables not authorized dynamodb
- DynamoDB Failed To Compute Node presentation
- could not unconvert attribute dynamodb
- DynamoDB failedbatch
- DynamoDB Error Message KeyError item is not JSON serializable
- dynamodb local shell not working
- DynamoDB Duplicate Key Error
- dynamodb cannot convert undefined to object
- dynamodb mapper save not persisting
- Conditional Update Error DynamoDB
- dynamodb unable to find storage information for property
- dynamodb query key condition not supported
- why is the GSI dynamodb not showing item count