Error: DynamoDB type item is not supported
What's Causing This Error
The error DynamoDB type item is not supported is caused when an invalid item is passed to a DynamoDB operation. DynamoDB supports several items, such as tables, indexes, and streams. Attempting to operate on an item of a type that is not supported by the operation will result in this error.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
To solve this error, you can take the following steps:
- Verify that the type of item being passed to the operation is a valid type supported by the operation.
- Check the documentation of the DynamoDB service to see what types of items are supported by the operation you are trying to perform.
- If you are trying to operate on a stream, ensure that the stream is enabled on the table and that the correct stream events are captured.
- If the issue persists, you may contact AWS support for further assistance.
- Additionally, you can use CloudWatch logs to check the logs and troubleshoot the issue.
- It is important to validate the type of item you want to operate on according to the DynamoDB documentation to avoid such issues.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- DynamoDB Is Not Null
- cannot find module 'dynamodb-doc'
- dynamodb 1 validation error detected value
- DynamoDB GetItem no item
- could not connect to the endpoint URL dynamodb
- Boto3 DynamoDB KeyError
- why is the GSI dynamodb not showing item count
- dynamodb does not support null values
- DynamoDB Is Unsupported It Cannot Be Instantiated
- dynamodb cannot create preexisting table
- DynamoDB Failed To Compute Node presentation
- DynamoDB Invalid UpdateExpression Syntax Error Token
- Float types are not supported. Use decimal types instead.
- dynamodb cannot pickle '\_thread.lock' object
- DynamoDB ConditionalCheckFailedException
Dynobase is a Professional GUI Client for DynamoDB
Try 7-day free trial. No credit card needed.
© 2023 Dynobase