Error: dynamodb is abstract cannot be instantiated
What's Causing This Error
This error message indicates that the user is trying to instantiate the dynamodb class, which is an abstract class and cannot be instantiated directly.
This class serves as a base class for the concrete classes that interact with the DynamoDB service, such as
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
To solve this error, use one of the concrete classes provided by the boto3 library (or the library you use) to interact with the DynamoDB service.
Here is an example of how to instantiate a client with boto3, but you can refer to your library documentation to understand how to instantiate an instance of a client.
import boto3 # Instantiate a client dynamodb = boto3.client('dynamodb', region_name='us-west-2')
And here is an example of how to instantiate a resource:
import boto3 # Instantiate a resource dynamodb = boto3.resource('dynamodb', region_name='us-west-2')
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- dynamodb: one or more parameter values were invalid: type mismatch for index key
- dynamodb put item not working
- dynamodb does not accept empty set
- missing required key 'key' in params dynamodb
- DynamoDB ValidationException: Query condition missed key schema element
- failed to begin subsegment named 'amazondynamodbv2': segment cannot be found.
- DynamoDB ConditionalCheckFailedException
- cognitoidentitycredentials is not authorized to perform dynamodb describetable
- dynamodb atomic counter not working
- dynamodb getItem() is not a function
- DynamoDB Network Error: self signed certificate in chain
- could not unconvert attribute dynamodb
- dynamodb net scan condition or not working
- aws.dynamodb.documentclient is not a constructor
- comparison operator does not return all attributes dynamodb