Error: validationsettings are not supported for 'dynamodb' endpoint
What's Causing This Error
This error message indicates an issue with the validation settings for the DynamoDB service endpoint.
Specifically, it indicates that the validation settings are not supported for this endpoint. For example, this can happen if the validation settings are incompatible with the version of the service being used or if the validation settings are not supported for this service endpoint.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
To solve this error, check the version of the DynamoDB service you are using and ensure that it supports validation settings. Also, check the validation settings configuration and ensure it does not conflict with the service endpoint.
If you use validation settings with the boto3 client, you can remove or modify the validation settings in the code and check if the error persists.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- dynamodb query not returning the full item
- dynamodb autoscaling not fast enough
- dynamodb stream missing fields
- dynamodb: one or more parameter values were invalid: type mismatch for index key
- Float types are not supported. Use decimal types instead.
- ValidationException: Invalid KeyConditionExpression: Attribute name is a reserved keyword;
- appsync dynamodb not seeing all fields
- requested resource not found aws dynamodb
- dynamodb botocore.exceptions.nocredentialserror unable to locate credentials
- Boto3 DynamoDB KeyError
- failed to list tables not authorized dynamodb
- is not authorized to perform dynamodb:* on resource
- dynamodb-admin command not found
- dynamodb list_append if_not_exists not working
- DynamoDB failedbatch retry