Error: DynamoDB Local Docker Not Working
What's Causing This Error
There can be many reasons why this kind of error arises when trying to run the DynamoDB Local service in a Docker container. For instance, it can be due to an incorrect image name, an issue with port mapping, volume mapping, or a network issue.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
The way to resolve this error depends on the root cause of the issue. For instance, you can start by rechecking and verifying the below points to determine the cause and take appropriate actions.
- Ensure your
docker runcommand contains the correct image name for DynamoDB Local (
- Ensure that you are mapping the accurate host port to the container's exposed port. DynamoDB local uses port 8000 by default.
docker psto check whether the container is running and ensure there is no network issue.
In addition, you can look for insufficient memory issues, volume mapping, and configuration issues to resolve this error.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- dynamodb query key condition not supported
- dynamodb consistent reads are not supported on global secondary indexes
- DynamoDB VPC endpoint not working
- dynamodb scan missing values
- dynamodb no range key value present
- dynamodb attribute does not exist
- dynamodb unable to find storage information for property
- DynamoDB Failed To Compute Node presentation
- cannot find module 'dynamodb-doc'
- Error ValidationException: One or more parameter values were invalid: Type mismatch for key X expected: S actual: M
- boto3 dynamodb client error
- DynamoDB FilterExpression Not Working
- validationsettings are not supported for 'dynamodb' endpoint
- dynamodb could not connect to the endpoint url
- could not unconvert attribute dynamodb
Tired of switching accounts and regions? Use Dynobase.
Try 7-day free trial. No credit card needed.
© 2023 Dynobase