What's Causing This Error
There can be many reasons why this kind of error arises when trying to run the DynamoDB Local service in a Docker container. For instance, it can be due to an incorrect image name, an issue with port mapping, volume mapping, or a network issue.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
The way to resolve this error depends on the root cause of the issue. For instance, you can start by rechecking and verifying the below points to determine the cause and take appropriate actions.
- Ensure your
docker runcommand contains the correct image name for DynamoDB Local (
- Ensure that you are mapping the accurate host port to the container's exposed port. DynamoDB local uses port 8000 by default.
docker psto check whether the container is running and ensure there is no network issue.
In addition, you can look for insufficient memory issues, volume mapping, and configuration issues to resolve this error.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- dynamodb consistent reads are not supported on global secondary indexes
- ExpressionAttributeValues contains invalid value: One or more parameter values were invalid: An AttributeValue may not contain an empty string
- One or more parameter values were invalid: some AttributeDefinitions are not used
- DynamoDB Query Limit Not Working
- Unable to start DynamoDB Local process
- DynamoDB type item is not supported
- dynamodb exclusivestartkey not working
- dynamodb scan missing values
- com amazonaws services dynamodbv2 model resourcenotfoundexception
- dynamodb net scan condition or not working
- dynamodb validation error detected
- dynamodb does not accept empty set
- ConfigError: Missing region in config
- dynamodb user errors metric
- cannot find module 'dynamodb-doc'