Question: Is DynamoDB PaaS or SaaS?
DynamoDB is a fully managed NoSQL database service provided by Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a part of its AWS Cloud. It is considered a Platform as a Service offering that provides a platform for customers to store, retrieve, and manage their data. In contrast, AWS manages the underlying infrastructure and handles scaling, patching, and backup tasks.
Other Common DynamoDB FAQ (with Answers)
- Is DynamoDB columnar database?
- How to enable DynamoDB monitoring?
- How to create an index in DynamoDB? (how to create an index in dynamodb)
- Are DynamoDB table names globally unique?
- Can DynamoDB store relational data?
- What are the differences between DynamoDB and Google BigTable?
- How to access DynamoDB from Apache Hive?
- Does Amazon DynamoDB store healthcare data?
- Does DynamoDB support load balancing?
- How to store graphs in DynamoDB?
- Is DynamoDB NoSQL?
- Does DynamoDB have read replicas?
- Does DynamoDB support Multi-AZ?
- Is DynamoDB good for analytics?
- Is DynamoDB highly available?