Question: Does DynamoDB support Multi-AZ?
Yes, DynamoDB supports Multi-AZ (Availability Zones) deployments. Multi-AZ allows you to create a replica of your DynamoDB table in one or more other Availability Zones (AZs) within the same region. This enables your DynamoDB table to automatically failover to a replica in another AZ if there is an outage or disruption in the primary AZ.
When you create a Multi-AZ table, DynamoDB automatically provisions and maintains a synchronous replica of the table in the other AZ. The replica is updated with every write operation made to the primary table and is used to serve read requests if the primary table becomes unavailable. This feature provides increased availability and data durability for your DynamoDB table.
Other Common DynamoDB FAQ (with Answers)
- Is DynamoDB distributed?
- Is DynamoDB a relational database?
- Can DynamoDB run on Mac OS?
- Can DynamoDB trigger AWS Step Functions?
- Can we pass objects as an item in DynamoDB?
- Can DynamoDB table have adhoc attributes?
- How to connect to DynamoDB?
- Is DynamoDB similar to MongoDB?
- Is DynamoDB SQL or NoSQL?
- How to enable DynamoDB monitoring?
- Are DynamoDB tables globally unique?
- Can DynamoDB be replicated?
- Can Power BI connect to DynamoDB?
- Can colons and special characters be used in DynamoDB attributes?
- Can you store XML in DynamoDB?