Question: Is DynamoDB table region specific?
Yes, a DynamoDB table is specific to a particular region. When you create a table, you must specify the region in which the table will be created. Once a table is created, it cannot be moved to a different region.If you need to access the same table from multiple regions, you can create a global table, which replicates the table across multiple regions.
Other Common DynamoDB FAQ (with Answers)
- How to dump multiple DynamoDB tables?
- Can DynamoDB be replicated?
- Is DynamoDB a memory store?
- Can Django use DynamoDB?
- What is DynamoDB used for?
- Is DynamoDB open source?
- How resilient is DynamoDB?
- Is DynamoDB good for analytics?
- Can DynamoDB store images?
- Are DynamoDB tables globally unique?
- Can we pass objects as an item in DynamoDB?
- Are DynamoDB table names supposed to be unique?
- Does DynamoDB Support SQL?
- What are the best alternatives to DynamoDB?
- Can colons and special characters be used in DynamoDB attributes?