Question: Is DynamoDB table region specific?
Yes, a DynamoDB table is specific to a particular region. When you create a table, you must specify the region in which the table will be created. Once a table is created, it cannot be moved to a different region.If you need to access the same table from multiple regions, you can create a global table, which replicates the table across multiple regions.
Other Common DynamoDB FAQ (with Answers)
- Does DynamoDB charge for storage?
- How to access DynamoDB from EC2?
- How to import data from S3 to DynamoDB?
- How do parallelize requests in DynamoDB?
- How many DynamoDB tables can I have at a maximum?
- How to write complex queries for a DynamoDB table?
- Does DynamoDB support read replicas?
- Can a DynamoDB range key be a GSI key?
- Is DynamoDB NoSQL?
- What language is DynamoDB written in?
- Is DynamoDB document-based?
- Why is AWS DynamoDB charging me?
- Is DynamoDB OLTP or OLAP?
- How to create an index in DynamoDB? (how to create an index in dynamodb)
- What are the best alternatives to DynamoDB?
Better DynamoDB experience.
Try 7-day free trial. No credit card needed.
© 2023 Dynobase