Question: Is DynamoDB serverless?
Yes, DynamoDB is truly "serverless" in a sense that you don't have to manage it or patch and care about underlying servers or software that it runs on. It's fully administered by AWS and all you need to do is just use it using CLI or SDK. Moreover, DynamoDB works in a "pay for what you use" model - it is billed on read/write operation (in on-demand mode) and per amount of data stored.
Other Common DynamoDB FAQ (with Answers)
- How to create an index in DynamoDB? (how to create an index in dynamodb)
- Is DynamoDB HIPAA compliant?
- When to use DynamoDB?
- Is it possible to make a DynamoDB table case insensitive?
- Is DynamoDB a backend database?
- Is DynamoDB stateless?
- Is DynamoDB certification worth it?
- How do I create an id in DynamoDB?
- Is DynamoDB OLTP or OLAP?
- Is DynamoDB a relational database?
- Is DynamoDB columnar database?
- Are DynamoDB table names globally unique?
- Is DynamoDB a managed service?
- How to store Japanese characters in DynamoDB?
- Why is DynamoDB so expensive?