Question: Can we pass objects as an item in DynamoDB?
Yes, DynamoDB supports storing complex data types such as objects and nested objects. These can be stored as binary data using the data type
"Binary" or as a string using the data type
"String" and converting the object to a JSON format before storing it in the table. However, it is important to note that the maximum item size in DynamoDB is 400 KB, which means that the object or nested objects should be within this limit.
Other Common DynamoDB FAQ (with Answers)
- What is DynamoDB white paper, and what are the key takeaways?
- Is DynamoDB multi-region?
- What type of database is DynamoDB?
- Can colons and special characters be used in DynamoDB attributes?
- Can DynamoDB be replicated?
- Is DynamoDB serverless?
- Should you make a new DynamoDB client for each request?
- Why is AWS DynamoDB charging me?
- How to track changes to items in DynamoDB?
- How to write complex queries for a DynamoDB table?
- Can you store XML in DynamoDB?
- How to write a test case for mocking DynamoDB?
- Is DynamoDB document-based?
- How many DynamoDB tables can I have at a maximum?
- Is DynamoDB table region specific?
Dynobase is a Professional GUI Client for DynamoDB
Try 7-day free trial. No strings attached.
© 2023 Dynobase