Question: Is DynamoDB highly available?
Yes, DynamoDB is both highly available, scalable, and distributed data store. It achieves that by sharding your data over dozens of servers across Availability Zones and does that automatically for you without your intervention. Moreover, you can use it in a multi-region fashion using global tables.
Other Common DynamoDB FAQ (with Answers)
- How is data stored in DynamoDB?
- Why must table be empty to enable DynamoDB global tables?
- Does DynamoDB support cross-region replication?
- How resilient is DynamoDB?
- Is DynamoDB open source?
- Is DynamoDB stateless?
- Is DynamoDB HIPAA compliant?
- Is DynamoDB ACID compliant?
- Is DynamoDB based on MongoDB?
- Can firehose write to DynamoDB?
- Is DynamoDB certification worth it?
- What is DynamoDB white paper, and what are the key takeaways?
- What are the best alternatives to DynamoDB?
- Is DynamoDB a wide-column store?
- Is DynamoDB expensive?