Question: Can DynamoDB store blob data?
BLOB data is known as Binary Large Object Storage. In DynamoDB, it can store binary items up to 400KB. Hence, DynamoDB can store blobs that are 400KB in size. However, this is not recommended as it negatively impacts performance and scalability. Therefore, AWS recommends storing blobs in S3 and persisting a path to the item on DynamoDB to access blobs.
Other Common DynamoDB FAQ (with Answers)
- Is DynamoDB based on MongoDB?
- Does DynamoDB support atomic updates?
- Can Power BI connect to DynamoDB?
- Should you make a new DynamoDB client for each request?
- How to store location coordinates in DynamoDB?
- How to ensure delete integrity in DynamoDB?
- Does DynamoDB have tables?
- Can DynamoDB table have adhoc attributes?
- Does DynamoDB support cross-region replication?
- How to access DynamoDB from Android Studio?
- How to track changes to items in DynamoDB?
- How to access DynamoDB from EC2?
- Is DynamoDB multi-region?
- Does DynamoDB have triggers?
- How to access DynamoDB from outside?