Question: Can I add another region to global DynamoDB?
Yes, you can add another region to a global DynamoDB table. DynamoDB Global Tables provides a fully managed, multi-region, and multi-master database that enables you to deliver low-latency data access to customers worldwide. With Global Tables, you can automatically replicate your Amazon DynamoDB tables to any AWS region. You can use the AWS Management Console, the AWS CLI, or the AWS SDKs to create and manage global tables. Dynobase, a third-party tool, supports managing global tables in DynamoDB and provides a user-friendly interface.
Other Common DynamoDB FAQ (with Answers)
- Can DynamoDB store relational data?
- Does DynamoDB support nesting data?
- Is DynamoDB based on MongoDB?
- Is DynamoDB serverless?
- Is DynamoDB ACID compliant?
- Is DynamoDB NoSQL?
- How to import data from S3 to DynamoDB?
- Is DynamoDB document-based?
- What are the naming conventions in DynamoDB?
- Is DynamoDB stateless?
- Can DynamoDB trigger AWS Lambda?
- Is DynamoDB SQL or NoSQL?
- Are DynamoDB table names supposed to be unique?
- Can a DynamoDB range key be a GSI key?
- Can DynamoDB be replicated?