Question: Is DynamoDB good for analytics?
It is true that because you cannot run arbitrary queries against DynamoDB tables (technically speaking you can but it's extremely inefficient due to Scan nature), you cannot perform ad-hoc reports of your data. That might be disappointing. However, there are solutions to that:
- You can stream your data from DynamoDB to Redshift or some other relational database built for reporting and analytics purposes
- You can build aggregation functions on your own. These functions plugged to the DynamoDB Streams will be automatically recalculating your composite statistics or rollups providing always the most up-to-date state of some aggregate.
Other Common DynamoDB FAQ (with Answers)
- Does DynamoDB support Multi-AZ?
- How many DynamoDB tables can I have at a maximum?
- How to forcefully delete a DynamoDB table?
- How to access DynamoDB from Apache Storm?
- How to import data from S3 to DynamoDB?
- Can Tableau connect to DynamoDB?
- How to store graphs in DynamoDB?
- How to count rows in DynamoDB?
- Who invented DynamoDB?
- What is DynamoDB used for?
- Does DynamoDB Support SQL?
- Does DynamoDB have read replicas?
- Which programming language works best with DynamoDB?
- Can Django use DynamoDB?
- Is DynamoDB SQL or NoSQL?
Tired of AWS Console? Try Dynobase.
Try 7-day free trial. No credit card needed.
© 2023 Dynobase