Question: Is DynamoDB HIPAA compliant?
AWS DynamoDB is a fully managed NoSQL database service that provides fast and predictable performance with seamless scalability. AWS has a number of features and services that can help customers meet their compliance requirements, including HIPAA compliance.
However, it is ultimately the customer's responsibility to ensure that they are using AWS services in a manner that complies with all applicable laws and regulations, including HIPAA. AWS has a Business Associate Addendum (BAA) available for customers who wish to use DynamoDB to store, process, or transmit protected health information (PHI) in accordance with HIPAA regulations. Customers must sign the BAA to comply with HIPAA and use the service.
Other Common DynamoDB FAQ (with Answers)
- Does DynamoDB Support SQL?
- What are the best alternatives to DynamoDB?
- Can Power BI connect to DynamoDB?
- Is DynamoDB highly available?
- Is DynamoDB similar to MongoDB?
- Can DynamoDB have multiple tables?
- How to connect to DynamoDB?
- Are DynamoDB tables globally unique?
- Can DynamoDB have nested objects?
- Can you store XML in DynamoDB?
- When to use DynamoDB?
- Can glue write to DynamoDB?
- In DynamoDB, can I use UUID as the partition key?
- Is it possible to make a DynamoDB table case insensitive?
- What type of database is DynamoDB?