AWS DynamoDB is a fully managed NoSQL database service that provides fast and predictable performance with seamless scalability. AWS has a number of features and services that can help customers meet their compliance requirements, including HIPAA compliance.
However, it is ultimately the customer's responsibility to ensure that they are using AWS services in a manner that complies with all applicable laws and regulations, including HIPAA. AWS has a Business Associate Addendum (BAA) available for customers who wish to use DynamoDB to store, process, or transmit protected health information (PHI) in accordance with HIPAA regulations. Customers must sign the BAA to comply with HIPAA and use the service.
Other Common DynamoDB FAQ (with Answers)
- Can Tableau connect to DynamoDB?
- Does DynamoDB charge for storage?
- Can QuickSight read DynamoDB?
- Why is DynamoDB better than MongoDB?
- Can DynamoDB store images?
- Is DynamoDB a wide-column store?
- How to import data from S3 to DynamoDB?
- Why is Single-Table-Design popular in DynamoDB?
- Is DynamoDB similar to MongoDB?
- Can I add another region to global DynamoDB?
- How to tell if DynamoDB initialized correctly?
- Can DynamoDB trigger AWS Step Functions?
- Do I need a middleware for DynamoDB?
- Is DynamoDB OLTP or OLAP?
- Can I add DynamoDB to my full-stack application?