Question: Can DynamoDB be replicated?
Yes, DynamoDB can be replicated. DynamoDB supports multiple types of replication, including:
- Global Tables: Allows you to replicate your DynamoDB table across multiple regions, providing fast, local access to your data with low latency and high throughput.
- On-Demand Backup and Restore: Allows you to create full backups of your DynamoDB table anytime and restore to a new table when needed.
- Point-in-Time Recovery (PITR): This allows you to recover your table to any point within the last 35 days.
- Streams: Allows you to capture data modification events in a DynamoDB table and stream them to other services, such as Lambda or Kinesis, for real-time processing and analytics.
All of the above options may have an additional cost, and replication options may vary based on the use case and the size of your data.
Other Common DynamoDB FAQ (with Answers)
- Is DynamoDB document-based?
- How many DynamoDB tables can I have at a maximum?
- Can firehose write to DynamoDB?
- Can DynamoDB have duplicates?
- Is DynamoDB a wide-column store?
- Does Amazon DynamoDB store healthcare data?
- Can Tableau connect to DynamoDB?
- Is DynamoDB multi-region?
- Can I add DynamoDB to my full-stack application?
- Is DynamoDB a relational database?
- Can DynamoDB run on Mac OS?
- How to access DynamoDB from EC2?
- Are DynamoDB tables globally unique?
- Can DynamoDB store relational data?
- Is DynamoDB highly available?
Better DynamoDB experience.
First 7 days are on us. No strings attached.
© 2023 Dynobase