Question: Does DynamoDB Support SQL?
It does! Recently DynamoDB introduced support for PartiQL - a SQL-like language for querying, modifying, and inserting data. You can learn more about SQL support for DynamoDB here. While PartiQL is just an abstraction over existing Query and Scan methods, it is helpful when transitioning from RDBMS world.
Other Common DynamoDB FAQ (with Answers)
- What type of database is DynamoDB?
- Why must table be empty to enable DynamoDB global tables?
- Is it possible to make a DynamoDB table case insensitive?
- How to divert the traffic from S3 to DynamoDB?
- How to access DynamoDB from outside?
- Is DynamoDB real-time?
- How to write a test case for mocking DynamoDB?
- Is DynamoDB cost effective?
- Why is DynamoDB bad?
- What kind of database is DynamoDB?
- How does DynamoDB handle data changes?
- Can DynamoDB store relational data?
- Who owns DynamoDB?
- Is DynamoDB NoSQL?
- Is LSI automatically created on DynamoDB?