Question: Does DynamoDB support atomic updates?
Yes, DynamoDB supports atomic updates. Atomic updates ensure that multiple updates to a single item are performed in a single operation and are either all applied or none are applied. This allows for consistent and reliable updates to data without the need for additional locking or synchronization mechanisms.
DynamoDB provides several atomic update operations, such as increment and append, that allow users to perform these updates on individual attributes of an item.With
TransactWriteItems you can read/write up to 100 items per transaction.
Other Common DynamoDB FAQ (with Answers)
- Is connection pooling needed for DynamoDB?
- Can DynamoDB have multiple tables?
- Is DynamoDB PaaS or SaaS?
- Are DynamoDB table names supposed to be unique?
- Can DynamoDB trigger AWS Step Functions?
- Is DynamoDB HIPAA compliant?
- Can glue write to DynamoDB?
- Why must table be empty to enable DynamoDB global tables?
- Can DynamoDB store documents?
- Why is DynamoDB easy to partition?
- How to store graphs in DynamoDB?
- How to store location coordinates in DynamoDB?
- Is DynamoDB based on MongoDB?
- How many secondary indexes are allowed per table DynamoDB?
- Are DynamoDB table names globally unique?