Question: Is DynamoDB expensive?
DynamoDB is priced based on usage, so the cost can vary depending on factors such as the amount of data stored and the number of reads and write requests made.However, it depends on the billing model you use. For instance, DynamoDB has two billing models:
- Provisioned: You define a throughput to be provisioned and get billed for the provisioned throughput.
- On-Demand: You pay for the throughput consumed monthly.
Depending on your configuration, your database cost will differ. You can use AWS Pricing Calculator to determine the cost of your configuration. https://calculator.aws/#/
Other Common DynamoDB FAQ (with Answers)
- Is DynamoDB OLTP or OLAP?
- How to access DynamoDB from EC2?
- Can we rename DynamoDB table?
- Can Power BI connect to DynamoDB?
- Can DynamoDB table have adhoc attributes?
- Does DynamoDB have read replicas?
- How to count rows in DynamoDB?
- Can colons and special characters be used in DynamoDB attributes?
- Can DynamoDB store documents?
- How to connect to DynamoDB?
- When to use DynamoDB?
- Does DynamoDB support load balancing?
- How to store Japanese characters in DynamoDB?
- Does sharding affect DynamoDB reads?
- How to access DynamoDB from Apache Hive?