Question: Are DynamoDB table names globally unique?
The answer is both a Yes and a No. It's a "yes" because DynamoDB does not allow you to create tables with the same name in a specific region. However, it is a "no" as DynamoDB allows you to create a table with the same name across multiple regions.
Other Common DynamoDB FAQ (with Answers)
- What is DynamoDB used for?
- What does the DynamoDB query return?
- Is DynamoDB highly available?
- Is DynamoDB open source?
- What type of database is DynamoDB?
- Is DynamoDB ACID compliant?
- Is DynamoDB columnar database?
- Does DynamoDB Support SQL?
- What are the naming conventions in DynamoDB?
- Which AWS regions support DynamoDB?
- Is DynamoDB PaaS or SaaS?
- What are the best alternatives to DynamoDB?
- Is DynamoDB SQL or NoSQL?
- Is DynamoDB table region specific?
- Is DynamoDB a relational database?
Spend less time in the AWS console, use Dynobase.
Try 7-day free trial. No credit card needed.
© 2023 Dynobase