Question: Does DynamoDB support nesting data?
DynamoDB is a NoSQL database that uses a key-value store data model, which means it does not support traditional table-like relationships such as nesting. However, you can store nested data as an attribute in a single item in the form of a JSON or Map type attribute. This is known as "flattening" the data.
Other Common DynamoDB FAQ (with Answers)
- Who owns DynamoDB?
- Is DynamoDB based on MongoDB?
- Is DynamoDB serverless?
- Can we pass objects as an item in DynamoDB?
- Can DynamoDB have null values?
- Is DynamoDB NoSQL?
- Can QuickSight read DynamoDB?
- Can Django use DynamoDB?
- Can firehose write to DynamoDB?
- Is DynamoDB open source?
- Is DynamoDB stateless?
- Why is DynamoDB better than MongoDB?
- Is DynamoDB a backend database?
- How resilient is DynamoDB?
- Can you store XML in DynamoDB?
Spend less time in the AWS console, use Dynobase.
Try 7-day free trial. No credit card needed.
© 2023 Dynobase