Question: Does DynamoDB have read replicas?
Yes, Amazon DynamoDB has a feature called "On-Demand Replicas" that allows you to create one or more replicas of a table and serve read requests from these replicas. This feature can help improve the performance and availability of your DynamoDB tables, as read requests can be directed to the replica instead of the primary table, reducing the load on the primary table and increasing the number of read requests that can be served per second.
Other Common DynamoDB FAQ (with Answers)
- Does DynamoDB support Multi-AZ?
- Who invented DynamoDB?
- Do I need a middleware for DynamoDB?
- Are DynamoDB table names globally unique?
- How many DynamoDB tables can I have at a maximum?
- Is DynamoDB SQL or NoSQL?
- Is DynamoDB PaaS or SaaS?
- What are the naming conventions in DynamoDB?
- Can DynamoDB store relational data?
- What are the best alternatives to DynamoDB?
- Is DynamoDB table region specific?
- How to access DynamoDB from outside?
- Can DynamoDB have nested objects?
- How to grab data from AWS DynamoDB?
- How does DynamoDB handle data changes?