Yes, DynamoDB can run on Mac OS using the DynamoDB Local feature, a version of DynamoDB that you can run on your own computer. This allows you to test and develop your application locally without incurring any charges or internet access. To run DynamoDB Local on Mac OS, you need to download the DynamoDB Local JAR file and run it on your computer using the Java runtime.
Other Common DynamoDB FAQ (with Answers)
- How to write complex queries for a DynamoDB table?
- Are DynamoDB table names supposed to be unique?
- Can I add DynamoDB to my full-stack application?
- What is DynamoDB white paper, and what are the key takeaways?
- Is DynamoDB a relational database?
- How to count rows in DynamoDB?
- Which AWS regions support DynamoDB?
- Is DynamoDB based on MongoDB?
- Is connection pooling needed for DynamoDB?
- Is DynamoDB SQL or NoSQL?
- Does DynamoDB support read replicas?
- How to forcefully delete a DynamoDB table?
- Is DynamoDB expensive?
- Does DynamoDB have tables?
- Do I need a middleware for DynamoDB?