Error: DynamoDB string set cannot be empty
What's Causing This Error
This error occurs when trying to insert or update an item in a DynamoDB table that has a String Set attribute with an empty value. DynamoDB String Sets are a data type used to represent multiple strings, and they cannot be empty.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
To solve this error, you should ensure that the String Set attribute is not empty before inserting or updating the item in the DynamoDB table.
You can do this by adding at least one string to the set or removing the attribute if it's unnecessary.
Alternatively, suppose the attribute is optional, and an empty value is expected. In that case, you can validate the input on the client side to check if the attribute is empty and remove it from the item before sending the request.
You can also use the
update_item() functions provided by the AWS SDK for Python (Boto3) to insert or update items in the table, respectively, which will automatically handle the validation of the String Set attribute.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- dynamodb local unable to open database file
- dynamodb put fail if exists
- dynamodb scan missing values
- DynamoDB type is not supported
- DynamoDB ConditionalCheckFailedException
- dynamodb connection timeout
- DynamoDB error cannot find module build/Release/DTraceProviderBindings
- dynamodb text contents could not be decoded
- dynamodb update fail if not exists
- requested resource not found aws dynamodb
- com amazonaws services dynamodbv2 model resourcenotfoundexception
- DynamoDB failedbatch retry
- appsync dynamodb not seeing all fields
- dynamodb unable to find storage information for property