Error: dynamodb system errors metric
What's Causing This Error
This error message indicates a system error with the metrics used by DynamoDB, preventing the operation from being completed.
The specific issue could be caused by several things, such as an issue with the metric configuration, a problem with the permissions of the IAM role or user being used to operate, or an issue with the system collecting and processing the metrics.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
To solve this error, check the metric configuration to ensure that it is set up correctly and that all the necessary metrics are being collected. This can be done by checking the CloudWatch Metrics in the AWS Management Console.
It's also important to check that the IAM user or role used to call the function has the necessary permissions to perform the desired operation on the DynamoDB service.
You can also try disabling and re-enabling the metrics to see if that resolves the issue.
If all the above steps fail, try rebooting the service or the instances used by DynamoDB and the metric system.
It is also essential to check that the provided access key and secret key are valid and have the necessary permissions to access the metric system.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- DynamoDB attribute not empty
- DynamoDB internal error
- dynamodb text contents could not be decoded
- DynamoDB stream lambda error
- dynamodb throttle error code
- dynamodb system error cloudwatch
- does not support attribute type arn aws dynamodb
- DynamoDB transaction error
- dynamodb could not be mapped for type string
- DynamoDB No Regionendpoint Or Serviceurl Configured
- DynamoDB local is not available for stage test
- dynamodb the table does not have the specified index
- dynamodb-admin not working
- DynamoDB delete fails
- DynamoDB type item is not supported