Error: DynamoDB cannot delete the table
What's Causing This Error
This error can be caused by a variety of issues, such as:
- Attempting to delete a table that is in the process of being created or deleted.
- Attempting to delete a table that is being accessed by another operation.
- Issues with the IAM role associated with the request.
- The table has a Global/Local Secondary Index which has to be deleted before the table is deleted.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
To solve this error, you can take the following steps:
- Check the table's status to ensure that it is not being created or deleted.
- Wait for any other operation accessing the table to complete before attempting to delete it.
- Check the IAM role associated with the request to ensure it has the necessary permissions to delete the table.
- Delete any Global Secondary Index (GSI) associated with the table before deleting the table.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- DynamoDB missing items
- dynamodb condition does not exist
- dynamodb unable to find storage information for property
- DynamoDB GetItem no item
- moto dynamodb not working
- boto3 dynamodb client error
- DynamoDB error 400
- DynamoDB service unavailable
- dynamodb could not be mapped for type string
- DynamoDB is not showing all columns
- DynamoDB console unable to delete this item
- dynamodb local unable to open database file
- DynamoDB Scan Not Working
- dynamodb the table does not have the specified index
- dynamodb can not resolve withkeyconditionexpression
© 2023 Dynobase